"We're puzzled by this. What do you call it?"

There is nothing to submit. The fact is he is holding a SmartPhone and is calling it a Cell Phone. He has his terminology mixed up to begin with before he even starts.

"If it takes pictures it is not a cell phone"

But it still makes calls does it not?

"If it has an app to tell you where the nearest McDonalds is based on your GPS, it is not a cell phone"

Yet again, I can still make and receive phone calls on the device can I not? It is a cellular device is it not? Based on the definition of cellular device:

a mobile telephone that works by a system of radio signals

Is this not what we are all carrying around and using? Just today I made several telephone calls from my SmartPhone. It used Radio Signals to transmit the signal and receive it. So from everything that I see and read, the name is correct and spot on.

Just cause the devices can do more than make phone calls doesnt mean that they are not still Cell Phones, they are just smarter than phones of the past. Hence why they are now referred to as SmartPhones and not just Cell Phones anymore.

So my first suggestion to Newt would be to use the proper term for the item he is showing off, and to also know that just cause it can do so much more than make a phone call, that is still 1 of its functions. If not it would be an iPod Touch.

Back
Top Bottom