Weird mark on the screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagelred

In Runtime
I have a line in the middle of my screen that won't go away. First, thought it was my desktop background picture but it isn't. Changed desktop background, and still there. Open a browser and it's on top of it.

I had it last night and when I rebooted this morning, still there.

I figured my monitor has dead pixels. HOWEVER, I use a program called Dead Pixel Buddy which makes the screen a total solid color to check for dead pixels. When I do that, this line is gone. So what gives? Is it the monitor? Is it Windows?

Here's a picture of it linked:

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Thoughts?

Changed the theme a few times. The line is still there, but the line seems to change colors with the theme change.

I just noticed that when I scroll the mouse cursor over it, the mouse COVERS the line, whereas the line appears on top of any application that's open.

Weird.

It looks like the line of your taskbar. Are you using a 3rd party theme or patch?

It looks like the line of your taskbar. Are you using a 3rd party theme or patch?

No. I was using XP standard theme. I changed it to some of the theme choices in the Control Panel and all of them still have the line.

The line is a one solid line of pixels, but yes, appears to be about same size length wise as taskbar. Could be a coincidence. ??????

EDIT: "Doubled" taskbar just to see what happens. Line didn't change.

Line is gone.

I started Windows in Safe Mode. Didn't see line.

Ran Windows normally and now its gone. Bizarre.

I'll keep you posted if something changes. Thanks for help.

Yeah, thats really wierd. Is it possible that your computer could be caching some sort of screen shot? Maybe you had a side of a window open and Windows did not flush that picture completly. What about changing the refresh rate? It sounds like starting in safe mode may have cleared the cache and then starting normally would have reverted to a clean slate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom