web site problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Toast

Fully Optimized
Ok, well i dont have my site up on server ATM, but this is what i would like to do. I have pics of my pc in a table, 1 pic per cell. I want to be able to click on the pic, and it opens a window that shows the pic. I dont want a whole page, were u just link the pic to a bigger one, and set tartget to _blank. I want something like a iframe taht appears when u click or something. Maybe a div tag? How could i do this? Thanks

Yea you can use iframes, where basically it'll load the image on the same page in a frame (without borders if you choose), although it will stretch out the page and whatnot, but you must know this already. goto www.htmlgoodies.com and search iframes and you'll find exactly what you need.

You could write a java applet that will display images from your server. It's somewhat difficult, but the Java API for image display would be extremely useful to learn. Check out: http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/2d/display/index.html
Sun Microsystems also has a free Java integrated development environment (IDE) called NetBeans for basically every operating system known to man, so you can start learning it for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom