web disconnects from Netgear WGR614

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakadoo

Beta member
Having web disconnection problems with VOIP and gaming. disconnect occurs every 15-30 minutes while gaming, less frequent when just on VOIP. (more info:... my son plays Warcraft III Reign of chaos /expansion frozen throne... every 15-30 minutes of gaming he will get disconnected and our phone and internet will go down. Also, if the phone is used he will be disconnected almost right after (son: :( :( :angry: :eek: :angry: ) We have tried everything, the only thing that seemed to work was disconnecting the phone and our wireless internet and basically, everything else... that actually worked quite well, but we are hesitant to do so because it whipes out our phone lines... We are seeking a solution to this problem and if there is a way to fix it without "killing" our phones and internet, we would love to know how.:D :D
Thank you,
Wakadoo
(p.s. my son chose this name :D not me :confused: )

I just edited the message, there is more information...
(this is the son...[probably more computerwise than dad :p ])
{btw i type very fast [over 100 wpm]} so if i start posting random things its prolly cause i have nothing better to do :D sorry :p]}

Thread trimmed of unnecessary posts. Please limit posts to matters that are on topic.

I would say that the reason the game is getting disconnect during a call is that the VOIP traffic on the network is given a higher priority by the router. This is because if the Voice traffic isn't getting that higher priority, and there is congestion within the network, or on the internet link, then the call would be degraded... choppy, distorted, and difficult to impossible to communicate.

Can you give us more details about the type and speed of the internet connection, router model number, and number of hosts within the network?

EDIT: My bad... Netgear WGR614... listed in thread title... DUH! (sleepy)/EDIT

I would take a look into it later, it might just need a firmware update :cool:

But yea, you should provide us with more information about your network and computer, like:

what type of Internet connection
who's your VOIP company
what's the brand & model of the VOIP device.
computer OS, version of Windows

Oh yea, what version is your router. Take alook on the router,there should be a label, check this site out. http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/WGR614.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom