we had a kitchen fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
well we had a kitchen fire was preaty bad started from the deep fryer on the stove everyone is ok exept my dad who has 2nd degree burns to his hands and face. so il be gone for a bit staying at my grand mothers.

Whoa, glad that didn't turn out too badly I guess. Coulda been pretty ugly so I'm happy ur okay. Is it like disaster week here on TF or what?

man i hate kitchen fires.
sorry to hear about your dad.
i've taken many second degree burns off the hands and arms in the kitchen but never any off the face :S
didn't the sprinklers go off?

I haven't seen a house with a sprinkler installed in the kitchen, but that sure would be useful.

I'm glad it didn't get worst than that. I hope your father gets well soon.

Sorry to hear it man, also wouldn't a sprinkler like in the kitchen worsen it if there was oil involved?

+1

aren't there certain graded fire extinguishers for certain chemicals or different substances?

A-C?

Yep, A-C is right; A is for normal, B is certified for grease fires, and C is certified for metals, I believe.

Sorry to hear about your dad, Amd. Glad it wasn't too bad, though.

And yes Vern, water on a grease fire = a big no no.

Isn't C for electrical?

I think it may be electrical and metals... Unless there was a D grade too... been a while lol.

Edit: Nvm, A is for normal combustables, B is for grease/gasoline, C is for electrical, and D is for metals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom