wat to do in gap year

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamingslave

In Runtime
I have a gap year coming up and i was wondering if people could give me some ideas as what to do. Be as wild as you like. Im open for any kind of suggestion.

Go on a sailing trip around Australia. Go to alaska in the Winter and Ski Alyeska. Go to the Bahamas for 6 months (during spring break). Go to Vegas/Reno and be a high roller. Go Sky Diving. Climb a 19K+ mountain. Go to Africa and help where you can. Bike across Tibet. Walk the Great Wall of China.
That should give you some ideas for a few years...

When I had my gap year back in 1999... I worked in safeway 7 days a week for 3 months to save up, then I went and lived in Western Australia (near Perth) for 6 months... it was awesome, me and my mate had a house literally on the beach in scarborough, went surfing almost everyday, went snorkelling and fishing a little further up the coast, bought a red estate and drove down to south western australia, surfed yallingup, margaret river, climbed some massive trees to the lookouts... went to rotnest Island and saw Quokkas, saw Kangaroos on our travels, ate Kangaroo, ate Emu, did a reverse bungee, went kayaking, cliff jumping, waterskiing, wakeboarding, drinking, clubbing... wish i was still there to be honest!!!! I worked in a petrol station in Scarborough for 3 months (as that is all the working visa will allow) mostly night shifts, but i didnt care, coz i had a good day everyday and my 3-4 shifts a week didnt matter... i even worked the 11pm - 7am shift on the millenium new years eve and I didnt care!

Personally I would suggest something like that... but do what interests you, go and see somewhere that you want to see... thats the way to make the most of a gap year!!!

OIDanTheManIO... a gap year is when you finish high school and take a year off before going to uni... some people also have them between finishing uni and starting a proper job! I dunno if it is just a British term, but surely people must do it in the states!

ive never really heard of anyone doing that in that states, i have heard of people just working for a year befiore college to save up or because they didnt get accepted somewhere, but not for pleasure

hygor said:

OIDanTheManIO... a gap year is when you finish high school and take a year off before going to uni... some people also have them between finishing uni and starting a proper job! I dunno if it is just a British term, but surely people must do it in the states!

Ohhh, OK. Well maybe there is such a thing as a gap year her in the USA but I'm still in High School so maybe this is just the first time I'm hearing of it.

Yeah, this is my first time hearing about it. But for my "gap" I rented a house on the beach with eight of my friends.

for my "gap" years I donated time to the state of california department of corrections.....this i strongly don't recommend doing though....lol

hygor said:
When I had my gap year back in 1999... I worked in safeway 7 days a week for 3 months to save up,

I would work at Safeways to save up but i had a job there over the summer and hated it. Perhaps i will work at somewhere like HMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom