Want to chat on Linux? Better have Empathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Want to chat on Linux? Better have Empathy

The Linux operating system has gone through a number of “default” chat applications. From the earlier text-based chats like zicq, to the later Gaim, then to Pidgen (still in use), and now (and, hopefully, finally) GNOME has settled on Empathy.
Empathy is a messenging program built upon the Telepathy protocol which is based on Gossip. With the help of Telepathy, Empathy can easily communicate with other GNOME applications, for a seamless, integrated desktop experience. Empathy supports: Multiple protocols, file transfer via XMPP and local networks, voice and video support, limited IRC support, conversation theming, sharing of location, conversation logging, and much more. In this article I will walk you through the installation and setup of Empathy.

ya. i want to know about Linux.
because i am not experience in Linux.

What distro do you use? A lot of the big dog distros have their own forums with decent support. I recommend registering to those forums and reading posts, asking questions, etc.

Of course, the Linux sub-forum here is always a good place to ask questions. But if you use a bigger distro like OpenSuSE or Ubuntu, you'll get a ton more traffic on those forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom