Wallpaper help request

Status
Not open for further replies.

promise7

Beta member
hello, i'm new to this forum, and i've been searching for a forum that helps people with graphic design. i saw some people post wallpaper requests here before so hopefully this is still allowed and is the right place. i tried to do this myself, but i've never done it before and it came out horrible. colors would bleed into the lines and look extremely amateur.

i'm looking to turn this microsoft sidewinder logo into my wallpaper. what i'm hoping for is;

- no "TM"
- the logo to be smaller (about half the size it is now)
- the logo to be in red
- pitch black background
- not a must, but if possible to insert a slight white "glow" behind the logo that would be really perfect

ideally, it would look the same as this desktop, but with the sidewinder logo instead. not sure if it makes any difference, but it will be used as wallpaper on my desktop (1680x1050), and my laptop (1366x768). thank you very much if anyone can help!

I'm about to shoot off home, but what you want to do should be easy if you can stumble around photoshop. Hang on, I'll knock something up :p

edit: two effects applied, no time for glow lol. Open in new tab for full size
backgroundtestl.png

thanks :) i really have no experience w/ photoshop or even paint. the only version of photoshop i have is ancient (version 5.5). it was given to me from a friend many years ago. the only thing i know how to do is change the color by using the bucket, but when i try that the edges of the logo "bleed" onto the background, and vice versa. it also doesn't color the entire logo 100%, leaving the sharp tips still white. i'll may keep playing around to see if i can stumble across the changes i want, but i wouldn't count on it lol thanks again for your help!

Haha, no worries. That was just a quick job, easy to modify. Apart from glow, any other changes? No texture? Fully lit all the way around? Different shade of red?

sure if u were going to make changes :big_smile:

can u make the logo about maybe 25%-30% smaller?

would it be possible to remove the texture so it's just a solid logo? but i do like how the lower part of the logo is shaded and darker than the top, can it be a little bit lighter so the shade effect isn't so noticable?

if a glow effect is possible, can it be faint and circular/spotlight faded, behind the logo like this?

basically in short if it can just be like this wallpaper, but w/ the microsoft sidewinder logo that would be perfect! so sorry for asking for so much, thanks a lot!

Every which way I try to have a blank, non-textured, flat logo it just looks awful XD can't bring myself to leave it like that!
Here's a blood themed one lol
blooood3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom