voice controlled audio recorder?

tombenarye

Beta member
Hi all,
I want to record my voice with my Nexus 5 without touching my phone. Is there a way to do it with voice control? same goes for taking a picture or a video or a way to control apps using voice commands. (even uncomfortable solutions like an app that allows you to click a point on the screen using x,y coordinates will be enough)

If not, I would also appreciate other products (such as a smart-watch or smart-recorder) that will allow me to record myself using voice commands only.

Thanks,
Tom.

Hi carnageX, thanks for the reply,
It seems that the 4 recording apps I have installed use VOX only to skip silent parts in the recording.. I would really appreciate if you (or anyone else) can help me find a recording app that support voice activation to start/stop recording, as it is important for my work (in which I cannot touch my phone with my hands)
Thank you,
Tom.

Thanks, but this is impractical. Basically you suggest I leave this program on all the time and stay silent all the time except when I want to record my notes..

I think a recording app with integrated word recognition will be very useful and popular, and can be easily made by someone who knows how to program (utilizing a third-party word recognition app, such as utter!). I would pay 10$ for this treat :)

Thanks, but this is impractical. Basically you suggest I leave this program on all the time and stay silent all the time except when I want to record my notes..
You never gave any sort of context really as to your need other than a way to automatically launch an app via voice and voice activated recording.

You never gave any sort of context really as to your need other than a way to automatically launch an app via voice and voice activated recording.

Sorry, I thought it was irrelevant.
I work in a biological lab and want to record my notes during work.
I can't touch my recorder during work since I handle biological samples.
I thought to use some kind of voice control app or device.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom.

Back
Top Bottom