visual C++ 2005 runetime files are out of date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
So ive been trying to install a game called entropiauniverse and i get this all the time

Setup has detected that your visual C++ 2005 runetime files are out of date

Click OK to install this technology now or Cancel to abort the setup

How do i go about "upgradeing" this file?

I dont have a disk or anything, nothing come with the laptop i bought, apart freom the manual and power adaptor ect

Oh and, when i hit ok, it doesnt update it, just trys to install the game, and then the launcher fails and doesnt launch

I was talking about the game. But nevermind, I remember that Entropia is a downloadable game.

What happens when you click Ok to try and update when it prompts you?

Edit: From the Entropia Support FAQ:

I am getting prompted to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package
If you do not have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 library installed previously, the Entropia installer will install it automatically for you. Press ok to confirm this action.

If you already have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 library installed in your system and still get prompted to install it, then this is due to running the wrong or outdated version of the software. You can let the Entropia installer install the new Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 files for you.

Another option is to exit the installer and first remove the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 software from your system by uninstalling it from the add/remove program feature in the Windows control panel and then run the Entropia installation again.

You can also install the needed file "vcredist_x86.exe" from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2

It is advisable to reguarly run Windows Update to ensure that your system has the latest updates.

Source: http://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/technical-issues-1/download-faq/?gaTag=gui

If its Win7 or Vista, are you running it as Admin?

Also, is this during install? Or after it's installed and you're trying to run it?

This is when i launch the game, it comes up with TOS, i accept and the launcher is suppose to download the game, but instead i get that message.

Im useing windows 7, and let me try it running as admin

Run the launcher as Admin. If that doesn't work, try putting it in compatibility mode for either Vista or XP.

Running as Admin should probably work, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom