Vista RTM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well heres the thing.. microsoft cant update anything on your comptuer without ur permission.

Say for example, on WinXp their is a "critical update" called Windows Genuine Advantedge, normally if you use Automatic Windows Update it will download it. But if you just turn off automatic updates and block it on windows update.com then you will never get that problem.

So when microsoft plans to update my computer with another "Windows Genuine Advantedge" ill just not download it :D

(edit)
My real question is, is it the same? Will I have updates like everyone else? is this all Vista ultimate has, omg for $500 i see nothing.... is it going to be available to download when vista officially releases?

Thanks,
Alexsabree

yep.. it does, all you have to do is not download it... and click something that says not to show it again, or somtin like that.

+ if it does somehow download it, their is a real easy application you can use to get rid of it.

alexsabree said:
well heres the thing.. microsoft cant update anything on your comptuer without ur permission.

Say for example, on WinXp their is a "critical update" called Windows Genuine Advantedge, normally if you use Automatic Windows Update it will download it. But if you just turn off automatic updates and block it on windows update.com then you will never get that problem.

So when microsoft plans to update my computer with another "Windows Genuine Advantedge" ill just not download it :D

(edit)
My real question is, is it the same? Will I have updates like everyone else? is this all Vista ultimate has, omg for $500 i see nothing.... is it going to be available to download when vista officially releases?

Thanks,
Alexsabree
It isnt that simple anymore. They are making it a critical update. Just like IE7 is now for XP. So they will not allow for more updates until that one is downloaded and isntalled.

Just like XP wont do any updates now until you install the Windows Installer 3.1. These patches are gonna be the same way. So they cant force you to update but they can force that you update to get more updates.:p

The catch 22 to that line of thinking. So they have already thought of that. So basically they are gonna prevent other updates from installing until you get this "Critical Update" that eliminates the cracks.

The answer is no. The patch to stop the timer doesnt allow for you to get all updates and everything as if you had a full legit copy. I also dont think it allows for you to get the Ultimate Extras. I believe those are for fully activate copies. I do know that one of the Ultimate updates is for .gif files as backgrounds. Also known as moving backgrounds.

The choice is really yours. If you dont feel that it is worth it then it isnt. To others like myself that enjoy Ultimate and what it has to offer then it is. Considering you are talking aobut $500 for the next 5 years. The next Windows OS isnt even slated to begin work till 2008 and not be released till 2012 or so. That is if they can keep on track.

Plus with the new Vista Upgrade option that doesnt allow for you to upgrade unless you have a fully legit and isntalled XP already. Kinda hampers alot of choices.

Makaveli213 said:
This one is under construction. Let me just say that M$ is looking into a different way to check for activation and validation.:p

lol yeah course they are just wonder when :confused:

Makaveli213 said:
It isnt that simple anymore. They are making it a critical update. Just like IE7 is now for XP. So they will not allow for more updates until that one is downloaded and isntalled.

I saw this fix that gets rid of the automatic activation with IE7.

Yes i am not saying that it isnt gonna be cracked. I knw it will be. Just as i know Vista will be hacked and slashed across the board in about another month since it will be released soon.

I am just trying to say that M$ is taking alot more precautions and steps to help prevent the XP Mess. Where there was corp keys all over the net weeks before its release.

They are taking alot of steps, in the right direction, to help persuade and stop piracy. It wont fully stop it but it will make some people think twice about it since it will be much tougher to keep Vista cracked since it does check every 180 days for validation.

I have a workiing copy of the vista crack. I had 8 days left to activate, now its activated. I also performed a WU and everything is a go :) Took about 1 minute to complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom