vista drm

Status
Not open for further replies.

horndude

Fully Optimized
http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.html

way too long to paste here, but worth reading if you have an attention span of more than a few minutes, its gets into very detailed stuff about the problems and costs of what microsoft is doing with DRM

its quite detailed and technical in places, but if you really wanna know whats up, most of it is in there

if your planning on setting up a home stereo-video-media-center type system you might wanna take a look at the relavent sections, especially the very last paragraph

ya maybe, but given the technical nature of whats in there I kinda find it hard that anyone could really say it and believe it

its gives a darn good background into what is really going on with this

for example, suppose you come up with some new media type to store and play mp3's, in order to market it you have to get the ok from at least 3 major media companies for your security scheme before you can even market and sell it !! They get to look at your hardware or software or firmware and decide what must be changed or included or left out

this is what microsoft is doing getting in bed with other companies and DRM

you get to use vista, but it isnt yours, not even the media you buy is yours, you just get to use it, this is their new anti-piracy business model

i agree ... vista defiately has issues

i wasnt very familiar with macs.. but now i am looking more into them and im pretty sure my next computer (and laptop for sure ) are going to be apple

well, be wary, apple is heading down the same road too, how far they go with it remains to be seen

yyeah that is true.. but thats not the only reason

i went to the apple store today (they just built it recently)

and they they have all their laptops on display.. n they are amazing

they look soo much better than other laptops and theyr better performance-wise too. the only thing is that windows is more compatible and it seems a bit cheaper (from what ive seen today)

I read that a while back and it is scary. I have played with the vista pcs at work and i really dont see all the greatness in it. Someone will find a way around all of this stuff as they always do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom