VisionTek RMA Process

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
I purchased a VisionTek HD 6970, November 18th, 2011. After installing the card I had constant system crashes and reboots. I started the RMA process on December 22nd via their website. Due to the Holidays I did not receive a RMA Authorization until December 27th by email. The same day I shipped out the card (EXACTLY) as instructed.

When you send the defective product in, be sure to include an explanation of the problem that you are experiencing. Failure to include this explanation may cause delay in processing. Be sure to clearly mark your Service Order # on the outside of the box when you send in the defective product. Keep your manual, driver CD, any cables and other accessories. Send only the defective product.

Address all returns to:

VisionTek Returns
ATTN : Service Order # _ _ _ _ _
105 Prairie Lake Rd Unit D
East Dundee, IL 60118

As stated in our warranty agreement, VisionTek is not responsible for packages that are lost in shipping. The only way for you to ensure that your package arrives at our warehouse is by shipping the card via a method that is traceable. FedEx/UPS/DHL work best but any carrier that will provide you a tracking number is acceptable.

Be sure to package the product inside the original packaging or packed inside an anti-static bag in a box with plenty of padding. The product is susceptible to damage by impact so be sure to protect it by using adequate packaging material. PADDED ENVELOPES ARE NOT ACCEPTED. Returns that are not packaged appropriately, per VisionTek's sole discretion, will be returned as-is with the warranty voided.

The provisions of this warranty shall not apply if, in VisionTek's sole judgment, the product has been subjected to incidental damage including but not limited to the following: misuse, neglect, improper installation, damage in an accident, repair or alteration in any way that affects its performance or reliability. Once the defective product has been received and processed, it will be repaired or replaced according to VisionTek's warranty policy and shipped to the address you have provided.

Please make sure that the return shipping address marked in the "FROM" section of your package matches the shipping address that you submitted for your RMA. This Service Order# is valid for 30 days from the date of issuance.

UPS tracking showed it as "Signed for" on December 29th, 2011 @ 12:16pm

Today is January 13th, 2012. I have sent two status requests between January 2nd - January 10th via their website. Each status request is automatically answered by email, which is the same email quoted above, with new service numbers. Their website doesn't have any phone contact numbers listed. Any communication through their website is automated.

So I did some deep searching through various technology communities / forums. I came in contact with someone that has done review of VisionTek products and he kindly gave me a contact number: 866-883-5411

I quickly called the number and in seconds had a real person on the phone. I gave the guy my Service number and after 20 second of being on hold, he told me my New Card had been shipped on January 12th, 2012. He also gave me UPS tracking for the package. As it looks, it should arrive here on Tuesday.

The reason for me putting this post together is because after extensive research around the web, i've found that many other people have shared in the same experience with VisionTek. (Although they offer lifetime warranties, they don't make it easy for you to be in contact with a real representative of the company. This can be very frustrating and viewed as BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.) I hope this post will help those dealing with a VisionTek RMA.

EVGA has accepted and shipped all my RMA's within 2 days. :) I also have Advanced RMA so I get the replacement before I have to ship my old or malfunctioning product.

Anyone can get an advanced RMA, all it is, is a deposit for the value of the card, to pay for if you don't ship the old or malfunctioning unit back.

Sorry all that happen, why does it seem like more tech companies are relying on automated systems to do the front work for customer service ?
All I see what this person had to go through just to get a replacment for hardware is a sorry excuse for business customer support.

I know people aint easy to deal with as I have done customer service jobs in the past, but thats no excuse to put someone through the ring around the rosary crap. :/

Anyone can get an advanced RMA, all it is, is a deposit for the value of the card, to pay for if you don't ship the old or malfunctioning unit back.

It cost money normally though. Like $30 and I didn't say I was the only one. I am just saying that RMA'ing products with EVGA is a treat. Compared to Visiontek that is.

Well the card arrived today.

View attachment 5093

"Recertified Replacement" - The guy I spoke to on the phone said, "Brand New Card".

It better work that's all Ive got to say. I'm installing it when I get home and will report if it is "100% Functional".

Just love how the heatsink / fan has no sticker or decal on it. Not that it's really a make or break for the card. It's just so plain.
Well as long as it works like it's supposed to I guess.

I dunno, man. I would still raise torment with them until I got a new card. It would be different if you had had this card for six months to a year but this thing was brand new and screwed up.

I dunno, man. I would still raise torment with them until I got a new card. It would be different if you had had this card for six months to a year but this thing was brand new and screwed up.

I know. I'm going to test this one and make sure it's 100% functional. If it's good to go, I'll likely sell it for a few hundred bucks and pick up a Sapphire or XFX 7970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom