Very sluggish system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i understand, - i know i should only advise at the moment.. I just get into it and wanna help - im currently studying the type of areas associated to problems. I will take a slower more conservative approach from now on :) -thanks - its all good learning

slugish pc

MicroBell,
dreaming<>demon,

I am running a bit better, I installed disk keeper and tried a few other cleaners and it helped. It still isnt as fast as my Athlon 800 MS mE (which I think it should be.)
I am on the way to work so I will run Panda again when I get home.
Oh yeah, I also did a deep scan with Trojan Hunter. So one of those things really helped.

dEMON,

Cheers

Much Much Much Faster!

Yes, Finally. I have been able to speed up the system dramatically. And I have resolved an issue of Outlook unable to function out of safe mode.

My Panda log had one entry for sidestep which the owner of this PC probably uses since she does alot of travel stuff.

I have done a ton of stuff but the main thing that unleashed the sytem was one of 2 or 3 things.

I disabled the Indexing service:C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe

And used adjusted a few things using "Tune Up Utilities 2006"
I also adjusted the screen refresh rate.

One of those things really made a difference. The most noticeable difference is that when I click START it opens quickly and all the contents open quickly as well (control panel etc.)
Before you would click START and it woul take a few seconds untill you could select anything and then each item on the start menu was slow.
No more tho!

I installed Zone Alarm to monitor program activity and have been disabling accordingly.

Also I have downloaded AVG PRO and been using it. It took forever to get rid of MaCaffee! I had to download a tool to clean the virus scanner files so that I could unistall the control center.

I have also run: CC CLeaner, jv16pt, Trojan Hunter (it found stuff), Reg Cleaner, Spybot, Adaware and Disk keeper Pro.

Setting a restore point.

Thank you Micro, demon for your help.
If you see any services that are uneeded in my log let me know.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom