very slow video streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinscher

Fully Optimized
I have the fastest comcast package available and I can download things at almost 3mb/sec but when it comes to streaming video, it sucks. Does anyone know why this is and is there a fix to this? Is there something I could go in and change?

I am aware of that. I told you that I can actually download files at close to 3mb/sec. When I do a speedtest at speedtest.net I get this . Everything else is really fast except video streaming

I would pause the streaming videos. The issue is that the videos have to buffer. While you maybe able to download fast, that doesnt mean the streaming video servers can feed you the video that fast. They have multiple connections that they have to feed at once. So everyone gets slower speeds.

Pause the video and let a bit of it get into the buffer. Then you should be able to watch it without any skips.

Ok so its a server issue not on my end. While that is annoying, atleast I know its not my connection. Thanks Mak

No problem. It may be annoying you have to remember that not everyone has that fast of a connection. Plus depeding on how many connections they have to that site at any time they have upwards of hundreds to thousands of request to fill at any time.

I know it stinks but even the best sites out there dont have multiple GB networks to feed all the connections they get. Just have to wait for the video to buffer a bit before it will stream flawlessly.

i Would Pause The Streaming Videos. The Issue Is That The Videos Have To Buffer. While You Maybe Able To Download Fast, That Doesnt Mean The Streaming Video Servers Can Feed You The Video That Fast. They Have Multiple Connections That They Have To Feed At Once. So Everyone Gets Slower Speeds.

Pause The Video And Let A Bit Of It Get Into The Buffer. Then You Should Be Able To Watch It Without Any Skips.

no Problem. It May Be Annoying You Have To Remember That Not Everyone Has That Fast Of A Connection. Plus Depeding On How Many Connections They Have To That Site At Any Time They Have Upwards Of Hundreds To Thousands Of Request To Fill At Any Time.

I Know It Stinks But Even The Best Sites Out There Dont Have Multiple Gb Networks To Feed All The Connections They Get. Just Have To Wait For The Video To Buffer A Bit Before It Will Stream Flawlessly.

+1 .

Its $37.99/month. I wouldn't normally pay this for myself but I have two roommates so when you split that up, its pretty cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom