Very outdated problem

spacemonkey_3022

Beta member
I've been trying to load new music onto my old RCA LYRA 1076a and it just doesn't want to function. I dug it out and put fresh batteries into it and it powered right up. All of the songs that were on it from the last time it was used were still there, uncorrupted, and played just fine. I plugged it into the computer, it detected with no issue and seemed to be working just fine. I formatted it according the instructions in the user manual. I loaded it with music (making sure that all the files followed the acceptable format/bitrate types), then just to be cautious I even safely removed my usb device:). When the darn thing booted up, it wouldnt read any of the files. I've tried to update the firmware but I can't find the utility for the 1076. I was able to locate a driver for it, but usb drivers aren't required for it anymore. My computer is running windows 7, and I know for sure that the last computer it was used with was running xp. Does anyone have any ideas or am i just out of luck with this old thing?

It's possible the mp3 tags are too new of format. I have this issue in my Pioneer head unit in my car. You can try using TagScanner and use the option to strip the tags out, then repopulate with older IDv1 or IDv2 tag format. You can see what format of tags are in it right now using TagScanner as well.

Sent from my HTC One

I downloaded the program, but I don't see how to strip out the tags and replace them. If you feel like helping further, that would be awesome and appreciated, if not, no worries, i'll keep searching for a tutorial

Update, I figured out how to strip the tags out. I don't know how to put new ones in still

Last edited by a moderator:
I downloaded the program, but I don't see how to strip out the tags and replace them. If you feel like helping further, that would be awesome and appreciated, if not, no worries, i'll keep searching for a tutorial

Update, I figured out how to strip the tags out. I don't know how to put new ones in still

In the top-right corner, you should see 3 drop downs. The 2nd one if you click on it, it will bring up choices for what tag format to read. Set it to ID3v1 first and then you can go to either the Tag Editor tab (to input tags one at a time), or the Tag Processor tab to generate the tags from a source. I usually do the Tag Processor and then the 2nd sub-tab ("Generate TAG from filename"). If your music files are named in a consistent pattern you can use the Placeholders to generate the tag info from the filename and/or folder structure.

Under the Tag Editor tab you can also generate tag info that will be the same for multiple songs manually by just selecting the files, and then typing in the info and hitting Save.

Well, i updated all the tags and that doesn't work. My next idea was that it might be a licensing issue, so i used the same files from the old computer (the licenses haven't been changed) and they are no longer reading on the device either. I'm beginning to think that the internal HD on the little guy might be shot. Unless there are any other suggestions, I'm going to go get an SD card for it and try that.

Back
Top Bottom