Venice 3000 enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you want to maintain a 1:1 ratio whenever possible so the memory modules are communicating with the controller at the same speed, thus no bottleneck or one waiting for the other. Timings effect stability, not bandwidth.

If that was true you might as well run PC2100 in an Athlon 64 and use a divider in the same sense. Point being, you want to maintain a 1:1 ratio whenever possible, otherwise your FSB has to wait for your RAM or vice versa and you won't notice as much of a performance increase. Look at 3-4-4-7 and 2-2-2-5 RAM running at DDR400 speeds, you'll notice a minimal bandwidth difference because memory timings are literally nanoseconds and the human brain won't detect the difference. 1T and 2T is of course different but you want 1T anyways and that's a different issue.

But in that test, the 1:1 got beat by the ram divider running at 2.5/2/2

Edit: ok the 1:1 didnt get beat, but it was matched/virtually matched/or beaten by the tighter timings ram running a divider.

I am just gonna go with a 3000+.. On the verge of ordering.. Selected components, but didn't pay yet.. Just gotta check a couple of things..

3000+
OCZ rev. 2, 2x512
DFI Ultra-D
7700 CU

Should be good I think.. I don't wanna spend the extra $50 canadian for the 3200+.. Just can't justify the extra cost. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom