Using your video card to run Folding@Home

Which video card are you currently running??

• X1950 Series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • X1900 Series

• X1800 Series

• X1600 Series

• Other

• 38x0 series

• 2900 series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignore the NewEgg negative comments. If you read through them, you will see that the posters have no friggin' idea how a GFX card works, or what is supposed to do. One guy was griping about the fan making noise... HELLO! it has to cool it somehow!

Thanks for the tips.
I should have researched more about folding before i bought my NVidia card:eek:
Not that i dont like the card, just doesnt support folding. Hopefully i will purchase that ATi Card sometime this week. Also already purchased the ACF7P, and 2 new LED case fans. I told myself i wouldnt be upgrading for at least a year after building my first pc(2 weeks ago). So much for that:p

whats all the hype about this folding stuff ichec the folding@home website but i still dont understand, so are we just dedicating our unused CPU and GPU space to a scientific cost? if so whats in it for us?

not everything has a reward... this is just to use your computer for the good of others....

yeah i know and i don't expect one im just saying alot of you seem to be doing it so i didn't know if there was some big thing behind the rave.

nah... also this is a way we benchmark systems like this... and also check differences in overclocks or to see if its stable or not

ok it asked for a user name so i just put in tunix then it asked for team number so i put in your team number then is asked for a pass code so i just hit enter and i checked ALT-CTRL-DLT and the processes says its using 106,820K is that normal? and the console says completed 0 out of 250000 steps <0>

Looks like it's working fine to me. What graphic card are you folding with, Tunix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom