Using GPS to Avoid Speed Traps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Using GPS to Avoid Speed Traps

A Washington DC-area entrepreneur is marketing a GPS application that alerts motorists to speed traps and red-light cameras. This app, and others like it, are used to circumvent legislation that prohibits the use of radar detectors. Interesting.

Police departments across the country are not opposed to GPS systems like Mr. Scott's because they provide public information available on police Web sites. "[GPS systems] are perfectly acceptable," said Lucille Baur, a spokeswoman for the Montgomery County Police Department. "We have no desire to hide the location of these cameras."

If I want to use a device that can tell me if a certain signal is hitting my car, I can and will, that is all I will say about the radar portion of what was posted...

My Tom Tom has been able to do that for years. I just update the POI file from time to time.

I got both red light camera and speed cameras. The only thing i need to look out for is the mobile speed camera, but they can set those guys up just about anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom