Useful computer hobbies/talents, any advise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
I'm planning to do 1 or two of the following:

Web Designer (makes websites)

Programmer (for both website and software)

3d Modeler (creates graphic models)

Animator (creates animated cartoon)

Comic artist (creates comics)

Video Editing (Edits videos to make it have special effects aka star wars kid)

The thing is, it needs mastery. What would be "fun" and "productive" overall? Please give me experiences or reviews on each field. Thanks.

Hi, i think web designing and programming is a good way to go. The other ones have less job opportunities for a freelance. Web design and programming includes both animation, art, and programming skills, so its good. :D

I see. Thats what I was thinking. What should I learn first for programming? I've been told to learn Javascript first. After that whats next?

I agree. Web designing is not likely to go out of style anytime soon, and there are too few (in my opinion) programmers out there for the web. Programming is something I'm only just beginning to learn but I find it necessary because it is difficult to find good programmers.

Plus, it is always fun to get your design out there - especially when Kudos come in on its heels :D

Is tehre any particular order in which to learn the programming? SO its javascript first then Actionscript? Which is from most to least important?

Here's the order of learning that i think would be useful.

html/xhtml > javascript > css > php

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom