USB headset trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinx083464

Solid State Member
I was looking for a new headset since my vacuume consumed my last one, and I picked up what looked like a nice USB headset (didnt really care at the time if it was usb, i mean i do have 10 usb ports to play around with). Now the problem is, and I dont know if all usb headsets are like this, but mine has a little plastic housing near the plug, and inside is a little circuit board, wich is bascially a mini sound card for the headset. I assume the headset is good for things like laptops that done have a soundcard, but my problem is that I can't or dont know how to bypass this soundcard and just have my Audigy 2 sound card power it. Normally I wouldnt care wich one of the two is working the headset, but the problem is with the headset hardware has limits, what I mean by that is, if I go into "Sound and Audio Device Properties" found in control panel, I am forced to choose either my audigy or my usb headset for the sound input/output and audio input/output. Not only will it not let me have sound coming from both devices at the same time, (unless I do voice through one device and audio from the other) but the usb headset cant seem to do output for both the sound and voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom