Unknown Returned Mails

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmho

Beta member
Occassionally (once every 1 to 2 months), I receive an e-mail saying that I have sent an e-mail to somebody but that e-mail could not be delivered. But the destination address was not a e-mail address that I know. Does this mean my pc was infected with virus or spy? I have already used Norton Antivirus and Yahoo Anti Spy to scan my pc and nothing wrong was reported. Could somebody please me some comments on this?

More than likely it is one of the scams to get you to open that particular email. What mail program do you use?

If it is Outlook Express, you can read the message without opening the actual email. This keeps you from exposing yourself to stuff that may be within the email.

Piney

I use MicroSoft Outlook. Do you mean that returned e-mail is a scam and there is nothing wrong with my pc?

No, I don't mean that your computer is risk free. To determine if there is a problem you will need to do a scan with Hijack This and have one of the experts look at your log. You can post the HJT log in Log Analysis forum. Or, use one of the online scanners to check for problems, then do the HJT log and post it.

What I replied to you was: "More than likely it is one of the scams to get you to open that particular email." not that it is in fact a scam. If you have Outlook set to save sent emails, look in your sent folder to see if any are not created by you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom