Uninstalled TCP/IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echo Kilo

Baseband Member
So I uninstalled TCP/IP and when I restarted the computer, ALL the network connections were gone!

The computer now takes forever to boot up.

How do I get them back?

the device properties dialog wont show you which protocols are installed. You have to open the network connection properties.

9x pc: right click network neighborhood, click properties, click add, select Microsoft in left pane, double click tcpip.

me/2k/xp: right click my network places, click properties, right click the network connection (should be labeled Local Area Connection), click properties, click install, double click protocol, double click tcpip

There are no network connections at all, not even add new connection. That's what I mean. :(

is there a network adapter in device manager (in system properties)? If not, try reseating the card. If its integrated with the mobo, check bios settings for onboard nic.

Try this:

1) Go to Start Menu -> RUN
2) Type "command" click OK
3) IN the new window that pops up type this "NETSH INTERFACE IP RESET LOG.TXT"
This should reset your TCP/IP parameters allowing you to connect again.

Echo Kilo said:
It was indeed a hardware error.

Does it work now? I too am curious what prompted to remove the protocol?:D Yea you can always tell its a hardware problem when you know you should have a network connection in the network properties tab and see nothing there :)

Well, it wasn't working at all. I had the basic Dynamic TCP settings on the computer , connected to a router with DHCP and it wouldn't get an IP Address.

I thought maybe something wasn't taking so I removed TCP/IP. When I restarted, there was no Protocols at all - None.

I couldn't firgure out anyway to add them back and that's when I took it in and had the card replaced. At that point, it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom