Uninstall the Creators Update?

glarry08

Solid State Member
Hey everyone,

I recently (like a week or two ago) installed the update that Microsoft themselves are literally telling people not to install.

The Windows 10 Creators Update *dun dun dunnn*

I waited three hours for it to install a few apps I don't even need. I've looked up multiple guides on how to uninstall, but they all tell me the same thing.

Go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery and select the rollback option to go back to the last version of Windows 10. The only problem is, I don't have that option. I'm not sure if I waited too long or something but this update will be the actual death of me. Does anyone have any way for me to uninstall it?

I haven't had any issues on the 3 systems I've installed the CU update to.

What issues are you specifically having?

Well my system just seems that bugs I would have before are much more frequent (task bar not working until restart, windows not opening etc.) but now my desktop is also ruined. Below the bottom shortcut on my desktop there is a gap, too small to fit another program. It looks the perfect size to extend the taskbar to it's double-size form, but when I do so, the programs just get smaller and move up, leaving that same gap. It's pushed the bottom programs along to the next row, and I'm not very OCD about things, but my laptop is the one thing I make SUPER organised.

To the bugs issues...sounds like you just need to reinstall fresh. Sometimes the in-place upgrades don't work out to well. Either way, to go back prior to the Creators Update you'll need to fresh install a version of Win10 that doesn't have CU baked into it. And to fix the issues that arose from the upgrade, sounds like you'll have to do a reset (either the option of keeping your files that only reinstalls Windows or totally wiping everything should work).

As to the sizing issue...check the DPI in the Windows display settings. May have gotten changed (possibly to 125%).

Thanks, I've been thinking about doing a reset for a bit now, choosing to save my files will also save my programs right?

No, it won't. Only things saved in your user profile (Documents/Videos/Pictures/Desktop/etc.) folders will be saved. Apps and programs will be removed.

Well thanks, I suppose it would be good seeing as I have quite a few random programs I don't want nor need haha

Back
Top Bottom