uninstall linux???

Status
Not open for further replies.

simple

In Runtime
Hey guys. i wanted to uninstall linux from my pc. i have winxp and linux dual boot. the last time i wanted to remove linux i simply deleted the partition from winxp. but then the system refused to boot . it gave me error saying some "shell32" file was missing. i had to boot using a bootdisk and it was a pain . i wanted to know if i did anything wrong . plz help a newbie!! c ya!!

Put in your Windows XP installation disk and boot off of it. When it gives you the first menu choose "Recovery Console", it will list the Windows installations on the screen, choose the correct one and supply the administrator password, run fixmbr, then reboot.

thank you for replying philg!!
but i didnt exactly get you. what do you mean "fix the master boot record"??? what should i fix in the recovery console???
i would be grateful for your reply!! thanks !! c ya!!

Once you are in the recovery console type
Code:
fixmbr
and press enter, Windows will reinstall it's bootloader. Once that is done remove CD and reboot back into your Windows installation.

I think if you type help and press enter it will give you a list of commands you can use

thanks for replying. but when it will replace the curent mbr will the new one include boot option for win 98 too?( by the way i have win 98 too)??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom