Unable to upload anything

Neeken

Beta member
So.. the last few days I haven't been able to upload anything at all. When I start uploading something it just stops after 1 second.
Speed tests are fine, some irregularities perhaps, not quite sure how much delay, jitter etc is normal. Anyway..
I can't even upload an image file less than 1mb anywhere. I've tried via Dropbox, which starts out at max speed when syncing, then drops to 0, goes up again after a few seconds and drops back down yet again., all other uploads just freeze up at 0% or close to 0%. Youtube, imgur, FTP tranfers, FBook ++
This happens with all devices on my network.
I've connected directly via cable to my modem, even tried resetting it without any luck..

How come speed tests are able to check my upload speed, but I can't upload anything..? Do they send and receive many small packages or something?
I'm able to play online games etc.
I've seen a lot of weird network problems, but this one is right up there with the weirdest.

Called my ISP today. The conversation ended with him saying "there's not much more I can really do about it..". So yea, that didn't really help much. I told him to check my connection whilst I was trying to upload a file, he could tell that it started out at max upload speed, then dropped instantly like I've experienced myself. But he couldn't find anything really wrong with the connection besides it dropping for some unknown reason.
They've sent me a new modem which will arrive tomorrow, but I have a bad feeling it won't help since it's set to bridge anyway. If it doesn't help I guess the only thing I can do is to call them again and make them send a report to their technicians or something..

Fyi. I got ADSL2 15/1, with a Zhone 6212-I2 router in bridge mode or what ever it's called.

Any help / tips would be very appreciated.

ADDED INFO: Just a bit of information from M-Lab test:

TCP receive window: 96360 current, 105120 maximum
1.72801E-4 packets lost during test
Round trip time: 18 msec (minimum), 71 msec (maximum), 41.83 msec (average)
Jitter: 53 msec
0 seconds spend waiting following a timeout
TCP time-out counter: 255
98 selective acknowledgement packets received

No duplex mismatch condition was detected.
The test did not detect a cable fault.
Network congestion may be limiting the connection.
No network address translation appliance was detected.

0.5484% of the time was not spent in a receiver limited or sender limited state.
43.309999999999995% of the time the connection is limited by the client machine's receive buffer.
Optimal receive buffer: 107642880 bytes
0 duplicate ACKs set

Back
Top Bottom