Unable to install or remove iTunes in Win XP

Still unable to install Adobe reader, flash player, iTune. these are the ones i have tried. may be something to do with my internet options settings???

We still do not know if your using a 32 or 64 bit operating system. Just because your pc shows your using a 64 bit processor, it has nothing to do with your operating system (in this particular instance)

Click on the start button, on "My Computer" left click and in the drop down box select "Properties" you should be able to see the information there about the operating system

You could be seeing "AMD 64" sticker or badge on the front/top panel because they do have 64 bit processors
Joe,
The laptop says AMD 64 mobile technology. So far I have set Internet security to default, disabled windows firewall, and tried to reinstall Windows installer package from Microsoft site which did not complete its install popping an error message saying exactly that. I them checked the registry for any errors but the file was empty.
Some setting appears to prevent any download to install and the messages are all for not being able to write to or access a file whether I' m in Explorer and Firefox. Possible insufficient access is also mentioned.

Try running a scan on your pc to see if there is anything malicious that's preventing you from downloading and installing. Malwarebytes is one of the most popular anti-malware software programs we have today, Try booting into safemode with networking and download Malwarebytes. Install in safemode. Run the update and then select the option to run a full scan. Remove anything it finds, the free version will work for you

Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computer

Joe,
The laptop says AMD 64 mobile technology. So far I have set Internet security to default, disabled windows firewall, and tried to reinstall Windows installer package from Microsoft site which did not complete its install popping an error message saying exactly that. I them checked the registry for any errors but the file was empty.
Some setting appears to prevent any download to install and the messages are all for not being able to write to or access a file whether I' m in Explorer and Firefox. Possible insufficient access is also mentioned.

Click Start > right click 'My Computer' > Properties > take a screenshot of this Window and post it here so we can see what it shows.

Joe,
I downloaded Malwarebytes in safe mode, installed and run it. It found 27 items and I removed them and restarted the computer. I then proceeded to try instal/repair iTunes and got the following message:
Error writing to C:\programfiles\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\pref\itms\.js

Tried installing the latest Adobe Flash Player and got:
"There is a problem with this windows installer package"

Went and I think I installed Microsoft WindowsInstaller KB893803-X86 but still no good
Its driving me nuts.

Back
Top Bottom