Um...weird temp files that don't exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the machine is connected to the net during the install process it is very likely that it can get infected after first boot and before you get updates/AV installed. I have seen it happen. ;)

That is why it should be disconnected from teh net till you at least get a basic AV on there.

It was. :p The wireless adapter wasn't even installed yet, since it's on a MacBook and I needed the driver disk. After I installed the drivers, I threw AVG on there from my thumb drive, and I know it didn't accidentally get online, since we have a WEP, and there aren't any open networks around here.

I've seen it happen too, haha. :p Cross your fingers that this will be a nice fresh install.

I keep forgetting that it is on a Mac. I have only messed with it once. I dont really know why it is like that to be honest. Maybe something left over from OS X? Could be due to Boot Camp? I dont know really. I have heard some good but mostly bad stuff about that...;)

Bootcamp is just a really stict boot loader, well a little more than that but I do know for some people on some builds it can cause problems. On thing i would check is the drivers from apple.

I've used bootcamp twice before this, once for XP Pro, and another time for Vista HP. Never had this issue...I mean, Vista sucked, but that was pre SP1. Never had this issue with XP before. Normally bootcamp doesn't give me too much of a hassle...

I think I'll pull off a format today or tomorrow, and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom