Um... Splinters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
I landed on my *** and slammed my hand down on a chestnut...

chestnut.jpg

now I have ~15 1mm splinters in my pinky and ring finger of my right hand and they hurt when I curl my hands into a fist...

I don't want to wait for them to come out/become infected on their own... but I can't get them out by hand (squeezing the area, tweezers etc.)

Is there any fast method to just get them out?

I think my skin might have healed over them already...

anyways...

i always use a sewing needle to dig into the skin barely and get it out...but i have no clue if that would work for something like that :| it should though, 1mm isn't that big

Have a long hot bath, your skin becomes as loose as anything - they should jus fall right out.

Have a long hot bath, your skin becomes as loose as anything - they should jus fall right out.

yeah I actually took one last night... (watched Top Gear! FTW!)

didn't work so well... I'm sure some fell out, but not all of them...

I think I might use a needle on my hand while in a bath... loosens the skin, and takes off that top layer thats formed now

lol, well I got all the big ones out... with the needle while in the bath... (it was attached to some string that was tied down to some cloth so I wouldn't lose it in the tub (that could be a metal splinter...)

so I guess all is well... I later found one I removed in my ring finger on my other hand...

meh, I tried the tape, but no good

that is a good idea though for when you first get the splinter! although... it could also make you work harder to get it out since the tape might push it deeper into the finger :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom