Ubuntu 9.10 + MacBook 4,1 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFargle

Linux / HPC / K8s SME
Staff member
Okay, so this started a few days ago. I ran the updater and around 112Mb of updates were available. I downloaded and installed them and for some reason my Network Manager doesn't start. It says "NetworkManager is not running..."

I check my startup programs and it says it's starting up upon boot, but it's not.

I've also tried manually restarting it, force restarting it, stopping it, etc from the Terminal, but still no luck :(

Any ideas on how to fix this? I don't have an Ethernet cable laying around, so I can't try wired connections.

Nothing. Nothing happened with I restarted it, no flashing icons, no text, nothing.

Have you tried to kill the NetworkManager process, and the nm-applet process and then rerun them again?

Yep. And turning it off from the Startup programs and manually starting it. No luck there, either.

And it doesn't output anything on the terminal? Strange...
Have you tried to install another network manager application? You may try wicd. Type "sudo apt-get install wicd" on the terminal.

Not yet. I'll try it as soon as I can get an Ethernet cable and as soon as I'm home :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom