Ubuntu 10.10 Is Out Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Ubuntu 10.10 Is Out Now

Not sure how we missed this yesterday but Ubuntu 10.10 is now out. All you alternative OS types out there should hit the link for download locations for the desktop, netbook and server editions as well as links to Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Edubuntu, Mythbuntu and Ubuntu Studio.

"The Ubuntu team is pleased to announce Ubuntu 10.10. Focused on home and mobile computing users, Ubuntu 10.10 introduces an array of online and offline applications to Ubuntu Desktop edition with a particular focus on the personal cloud. Ubuntu Netbook Edition users will experience an all-new desktop interface called 'Unity' -- specifically tuned for smaller screens and computing on the move."

Those of you wanting to know more about Ubuntu really should check out our 30 Days with Linux article.

Has anybody tried it out to offer an opinion on what you've seen? I tend to stay away from new releases for 2-3 weeks when they come out, but I did run 10.10 in a VM about a month ago and I was amazed at how much easier the installation process was, and I even thought it was idiot proof with 10.04.

Anything else to add?

I have in on my Netbook as of 2 hrs ago. 10.04 was making me scratch my head uncontrollably. (was doing some more experienced work)

From what I can see first hand:
They broadened out the Software Center
Took some crap out, I've noticed
Default theme has changed
Change the package loader to the Software Center

That's what I have noticed so Far. Other than that, it looks the same.

Where's your wild side, kmote?
848387378.png

(Just found that, looked funny. j/k)

I have in on my Netbook as of 2 hrs ago. 10.04 was making me scratch my head uncontrollably. (was doing some more experienced work)

From what I can see first hand:
They broadened out the Software Center
Took some crap out, I've noticed
Default theme has changed
Change the package loader to the Software Center

That's what I have noticed so Far. Other than that, it looks the same.

Changed the package loader - are you talking Synaptic? Did they integrate Synaptic and Software Center to be the same thing? I remember reading plans about this...

Looks interesting. I didn't bother to try out 10.04, I'll download 10.10 tonight and try it out on my netbook.

After my major reinstall yesterday i have downloaded both Ubuntu and Kubuntu and will triple boot them. Been since build 8.04 that i had Linux installed. I think it is time again. :lol:

So far the general concensus is that it's living up to its perfect 10 name and has been the least problematic release so far. It's only been 2 or 3 days, but I have yet to hear about any major issues. In fact, I haven't heard of any issues to begin with... I should get on installing this gizmo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom