Two Nvidia Driver Helper Service Processes

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzmxer608

Fully Optimized
I was looking through my services and found that there are two Nvidia Driver Helper Service processes running. Is this normal? I don't know why it is showing twice.
dualdriverhelperservice.png

It always happens, I saw it yesterday and just waited to see if it would do it again today and it did. You're supposed to have the nvidia drivers start at boot up in msconfig right?

Now that you mention it i see it as well in Win7. I will have to check Vista and XP and see if it is there as well.

I'm in XP with 186.18, and it only shows 1 running, in XP it is called nvsvc32.exe. It's probably something to do with Windows 7, because Mak mentioned seeing it too.

Are you using the same drivers (186.18)?

Yes i have the same driver. I am going to get the latest driver to see if it is just a glitch with that driver version.

Installed the latest Beta driver and I still see the 2 services. Must be a glitch with the Win7 drivers. Since these drivers are not WDDM certified it could be that.

For the record, on XP 32-bit there's only one, and it's called 'nvsvc32.exe'.

I have 2 versions running also, I'm using the 190.38 drivers with Vista 64. I closed one process and then the other and I don't see any differences. It's a helper file so I would assume it's for the control panel but everything seems to be working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom