Trying to replace/swap hard drive.

Jouzai

Beta member
Hello, I'm new to the site. So, I've kind of swapped hard drives before but now i'm in a bind. My hard drive was in an older computer (it's an old Micro Center PC). Now i'm trying to put it into another computer. The target computer is an HP 550-127c. I took that hard drive to another computer i'm currently using. So I popped it in and i get an error telling me windows failed to start and such. I ran system repair but no luck at all. I tried changing things in the bios for Legacy boot and that didn't work either. Nothing seems to be working at the moment. Any suggestions I should do before i just pop it back to the old one?

I just realized I've posted on the wrong place. If an admin can move the post that would be great.

I'm no expert on windows but I have a feeling this has something to do with the Licence Key or Drivers that are used to power the old system.

I believe since its a Windows Machine and if its registered as such to that hard ware then you wont be able to change it over and the same with the drivers too. Because they are specific for the MoBo, GPU, Chip-sets ECT: You will have the likes of BSOD I would of thought.

I'm not 100 % on windows as the last Win OS I used was XP but I think this is correct.

Back
Top Bottom