Trying to make my new Flash drive bootable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
My past 2 flash drives died or screwed up on me this week while copying some files.
I needed to copy a windows 7 content files onto a 2gb flash drive but the drive failed.
I was at target today and bought this: 4 GB JumpDrive Secure II Plus.
I copy the contents onto the flash drive and shows everything is on there.
I plugged it into my netbook and it says the OS is missing, does the samething for my normal pc.

Is there any particular reason it's doing this oddly or can I even get this to be bootable ?

Thanks Carnage, when I get a chance within the hour I'll try it out and see if it works out.
While I'm on the subject, can windows XP- windows 7 cause a memory card to have the wrong the capacity size ?
I have 2 kingston micro sd's 2gb that are now showing 964mb instead if 2gb like last month.
Thats part of the reason all this started up this week, I have a lexar multi reader card, and for the life of me windows 7 in normal start up mode doesn't see it except for one active drive, in safe mode every open drive is available wtf is going on this time ?

I recently made 2 usb boot drives with win7 professional 32-bit and 64-bit using that tool. and it worked perfect. I think your first attempt didnt work because you were using a 2GB. I read you need atleast a 4GB. "I used a 4GB in both instances and they worked fine."

after you use the tool to make your usb drive a bootable win7 drive just enter your bios when your computer is starting up and select the Boot from USB option and it should load the OS and the installation screen should pop up. Im not sure about the xp capacity issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom