TrueCrypt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
It's been brought to my attention that there are several "high risk" laptops at work that need to have some sort of encryption loaded on them as an extra level of security if the laptop ever gets stolen. We've been fortunate enough not to have this happen yet, however, why wait until it's too late?

TrueCrypt came into mind due to its free and open source nature, which is sorta-kinda pretty fricken awesome. I'm going to get a chance to tinker around with it in the next few weeks after the rush of my to do list begins to shrink, but meanwhile I figured I'd ask here and see if any users used it, what you thought about it, etc.

Thanks ahead of time for any input.

I use it for my school netbook, as do a few others, since we it for reasons I won't get into here :p But yes, I can recommend it totally.

the laptop vendor may provide encryption for their product. i know hp has their own.

i used compusec when i had vista. I never reinstalled it after upgrading to 7. easy to install and use. prolly over the course of two years I've had like 5 random blue screens that i suspect was caused by the encryption software. simple reboot fixed the issue every time.

CE-Infosys : The Encryption Company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom