Torrenting speeds?

@M4TT: I suppose that could explain my slow download speeds, but the odd thing is that I get several mbps when downloading through browser/Steam/etc. I think there is something about torrenting. I get no lag when trying to play PC games, so will the program help in other ways as well?

@carnageX: I tried recycling the power to both my modem and router, but it didn't change anything. In terms of my firewall, is there something I should add besides a exception for the Torrent program?

My biggest curiosity is that for a while, it was absolutely fine. I could Torrent things with no problem at all.

@M4TT: I suppose that could explain my slow download speeds, but the odd thing is that I get several mbps when downloading through browser/Steam/etc. I think there is something about torrenting. I get no lag when trying to play PC games, so will the program help in other ways as well?

@carnageX: I tried recycling the power to both my modem and router, but it didn't change anything. In terms of my firewall, is there something I should add besides a exception for the Torrent program?

My biggest curiosity is that for a while, it was absolutely fine. I could Torrent things with no problem at all.

Did you try the port changing suggestions I posted above?

It helped me with all aspects of network use, from Halo CE to web browsing! It "smoothens" things out. Try the PF that Carnage recommended.

I've tried doing random ports, static ports and nothing has changed the speeds in that regard.

Go into Router BIOS, there should be an option called DMZ or De-militarized zone. Activate it, then try. If it's faster, your settings are too constricted. When you're done testing, don't forget to deactivate it!

I've tried doing random ports, static ports and nothing has changed the speeds in that regard.

Have you tried port 80 (the generic web transfer port) to see if it's any better or worse?

Remember, ports that are higher up on the port list (large-numbered ports) are usually used for P2P and ISP's usually just block ranges of ports.

Back
Top Bottom