To build a Mac!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MacOsX....well OSX.4 will run on X86 components.....you just need to bypass the stupic mac lable hardware check(with linux)...and you basically have G5 workstation speeds without the G5 pricetag.

PearPC is an emulator of PPC components.....now why run MacOSX on PPC if it will run on X86 components....

Note: MacOS likes to be installed on a second partition if you plan to install another os with macOS....

because its illegal?

yeah, thats probably it.

oh, and its very unstable, and really doesnt run that fast.

because its illegal?
1. Its not illegal since you bought it
2. EULA is very vague and a system can be made an apple(spray paint!)
3. Nobody really enforces EULA
4. Anybody that installs OSX on x86 components doesn't really need the tech support
5. Its not illegal if you have a dev liscense...especially an academic one....

oh, and its very unstable,
Its as stable as it would run on a g5(no pun intended). MacOSX was already written for X86 components and does have many drivers.

and really doesnt run that fast.
It runs faster than it would on a g5.
Xbench speaks for that.
PPC ->~67
AMD->~97

Please do your research...

(Step1)
Please go to the pc section to find out if you have a good build or if you have good components.....

Skip the windows xp installation.

Follow steps 2-4

done.

shdwsclan said:
It runs faster than it would on a g5.
Xbench speaks for that.
PPC ->~67
AMD->~97

Please do your research...
I believe he is referring to PearPC, which is slow.

MacOsX....well OSX.4 will run on X86 components.....you just need to bypass the stupic mac lable hardware check(with linux)...and you basically have G5 workstation speeds without the G5 pricetag.
NO, you have to have the special developer's kit for OSx86. I'd like to know how you can run code compiled for PPC with an x86 without an emulator.

Please, do your research!

EDIT:
(Step1)
Please go to the pc section to find out if you have a good build or if you have good components.....

Skip the windows xp installation.

Follow steps 2-4

done.
???

NO, you have to have the special developer's kit for OSx86. I'd like to know how you can run code compiled for PPC with an x86 without an emulator.

Please, do your research!

I did my research....
True there is an OSX10.4dev kit.....but there other non dev versions available which are x86 compiles...........
They are available for download for Devs and acads.
I know because i have the acad liscense....

Please refer to my first post if you are confused.....
I used the words "get"....not buy.....you really can buy an X86 compile.

those are the illegal ones. lol what research did you do? this has been all over the internet for months now. its illegal. you can have it unless you are a developer. and you, my friend, are not a developer.

I know because i have the acad liscense....

You dont need to be a dev to get an acad liscense, you just have to be in CE, EE, or CS and go to a better school that gives out academic liscenses......

Also, it depends on the quality of you liscense the school or company gives which gives you access to said software.
It is not illegal to use those compiles, as it is not illegal to download longhorn\vista......

I may not be a dev......yet.

I also have microsoft's academic liscense if you want to discuss office 12, the many versions of longhorn\vista, or virtual pc for mac.....or any other software made by microsoft....or apple......or IBM......or sun....

I have not stated how one should obtain an X86 compile, there it is not illegal nor is it breaking the rules of this forum....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom