Tired of losing drivers when you reinstall XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
EricB said:
the next step will be to figure out how to slipstream this into nlite or xp

yes, but this if free

it expires yes, but if you backup your drivers and reload, You got the job done. Who cares about the expiration?

how well does this work with nforce drivers since their so picky requiring dx 9 before install then if its not the first driver you install you can run into cpu usage which sucks

btw, the xp link didnt show anyhting when i clicked it

solaris said:
how well does this work with nforce drivers since their so picky requiring dx 9 before install then if its not the first driver you install you can run into cpu usage which sucks

btw, the xp link didnt show anyhting when i clicked it

I dunno but it should work. maybe you need direct x 9c first.

copy and paste the words into notepad, then save it as drivercopyXP.bat like this

Notepad.jpg

I need to update this guide as you have to uncheck show hidden files and folder as it hides the olddrivers folder on the burnt cd. need to make it easier for you

make a new folder in C\ drive. call it My Old Drivers. Cut and paste the files from inside the hidden folder olddrivers to the new folder. now burn it to disc. I just used it today for a customer's computer. it work fine, but I find it on the cd as the folder was hidden from view.

it will ask you for the xp disc too. ignore that and just navigate back in the driver folder (you will immediately see the file that you need) as it automatically copy those files too.

Update. this will copy your drivers to a folder inside of my documents names Driver back.bat so that you can BURN DIRECTTLY TO CD

echo off
echo This driver backup batch file was developed by Lincoln Spector
echo for PC World. It will back up the folders containing your
echo hardware drivers to a folder called driverback inside My Documents.
pause
%homedrive%
cd "%homepath%\my documents"
md driverback
cd driverback
xcopy %windir%\help /y
xcopy %windir%\inf /r /y
xcopy %windir%\system /r /y
xcopy %windir%\system32 /r /y
xcopy %windir%\system32\drivers /r /y
cd ..
attrib -h driverback
echo The folders are backed up. You should now copy the contents of the
echo driverback folder to a CD.
pause
cls
copy and paste this in notepad. save it as Driverback.bat and check all files. then click it to back up your drivers

I'm not too good at this ...But the folder that it gets created when I re-format the PC I burn it to a CD..and once I re-format the PC when Do I copy all this files...at what moment ?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom