Time-based connection problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocha

Beta member
Hello, and thanks in advance for any help you all can provide.

I've been having this problem for about a month now, and nothing in particular with my network has changed since before I encountered it.

Every night, at around 8 PM, I start experiencing frequent disconnections (every 4-10 minutes) continuing into the night until about 2 AM. It lasts about 10 seconds or so, and then comes right back up like nothing ever happened.

Here's a breakdown of my network:

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/736/network.png

Router - WRT54G
AP 1/2 - WAP54G (bridged)
Switch - EZX55W

The only thing I've noticed is that PC 1 is the only one affected. Even connecting my laptop to the router via wireless, it doesn't have this problem.

PC 1 is running Vista 32-bit, with a Marvell Yukon 88E8050 Network Adapter using up-to-date drivers.

I've ruled out problems with the router, access points, switches, and the network adapter. I also doubt it's an ISP problem since the other computers aren't affected. I've scanned the computer with AdAware SE, ZoneAlarm anti-virus, and SpyBot S&D with no results. None of the processes are causing it either.

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it. Sorry for the text wall :eek:

Edit: I'm on Comcast, but I doubt that means much.

Maybe you could try looking in your Event Viewer to see what problems have been arising, event errors and such. That might give you some insight by checking there.

Well it was just a thought. Sometimes if an application or process has a lot of entries then that tends to be something worth considering.

Not sure what to tell you. Interesting but sorry I couldnt help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom