Thumbnails for Documents With Newest Document Listed First

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard596

In Runtime
I'm working on a design for a new website and I have a bunch of newsletters in PDF format that will be downloadable, but need help finding a solution that will display and function in a certain way...

Basically, I just need a system that will display thumbnails for each newsletter issue, but so that whenever I add a new issue, the old issues are pushed down in the grid and the newest one always stays centered at the top and the oldest one get's pushed off the grid entirely, where it will then be added to an archive list as a text link.

Maybe this will help illustrate what I need:

X <--most recent issue thumbnail, large on top.
X X X
X X X <--9 older issues push down into this grid.
X X X
---
-- <--Issues older than the 10 above move to a text-only link.
--

Of course I could always manually edit the page, but new issues come out every 3 months, so having to manually rearrange that page on such a regular basis is going to get old.
Is there something that work more automatically where thumbnails will re-flow across the page whenever a new one is added, but still keep everything lined up?

Every 3 months? That is not much of a regular basis so you could manually update but I can see how that would be a pain.

how are these being displayed to the browser?
Is it hard coded currently or is there a Database to manage all of this information?

If you're familiar with scripting I would suggest using PHP and the yiiframework and developing a relational
database to display all this information. Basically you'd have to script a loop to find the first issue then another loop to find the next nine then send all that information to the browser. Yii Framework: Best for Web 2.0 Development

Cheers~
Happy Scripting
Draconian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom