Three questions about windows OS

Raemun

Beta member
Well yes, it's three questions exact.

First I was wondering if my PC could run Windows 8 (I downloaded the system test and it only told me what programs were incompatible, didn't tell me much else) Here are my PC specs though:

Currently Windows 7 Ultimate - 32 Bit
4 GBs R.A.M (2.75 GBs useable)
Intel core 2 duo processor E4500 @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz
and a biostar 210 graphics card if that bares any relevance.

2.) Well before I had partitioned my harddrive and installed Windows on both partitions, now it keeps giving me a choice every time I try to boot. How would I get rid of that, and go back to just loading straight?

3.) Actually one more thing, sorry I ask this after but I had windows 8 installed on a TB harddrive I have here, but like after an hour or two of running it. It gave me a WDDM error (I think can't quite remember I just switched back to windows 7) but would that have something to with the incompatibility of my system ?

1. those specs will work and you will get more usable RAM if you use windows 8 64 bit
2. Because you have a boot record on both partitions. Delete the partition that you don't use with Windows Disk management and you won't be prompted for that
3. You need to be more specific about the error. Your PC specs though are compatible so it was probably just an installation error / software error

1. Windows 8 system requirements - Microsoft Windows
2. Start>run>msconfig and delete the entry that you do not want to use. Be careful as the wrong selection will boot you to the wrong install. Causing you more issues and pains.
3. No. That is a Driver based error that you would need to get the newest updated drivers to fix.

before you delete anything from the msconfig section or drives could you clarify one thing

have you installed windows 7 on one partition and windows 8 on another, and you simply want to disable to option to select which OS loads, but still keep both OS's ?

if so don't delete anything just turn of the boot selection option
You can do this by going to control panel>system>advanced system settings
Then click on the settings button in the "startup and recovery" section
make sure you have selected the default OS you want and untick the box "time to display list of operating system"
This should usually stop the option from loading when you boot the computer and you need to manually use the F10 on boot to obtain the selection menu

if you delete the partition you lose the OS and if you delete the entry from msconfig then you will not be able to select it from the boot menu list

Back
Top Bottom