Thoughts on X1950 XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for clearing that up. So you can run the CPU and GPU client at the same time?

With the way that the client is built, and also the way that DX9 runs, the GPU client needs a dedicated CPU to handle instructions for it.... so if you have a Dual core CPU, then YES, you can run GPU client AND CPU client.... right now, my 3500+ will only run one... dual core is my next upgrade :D.

hey moderator i have a x1950xtx and its the muts nuts.
goes hard in all apps. yove made a good sensible decision.
my scores on everything arent to far off from the 8800 gts and at the end of the day it just depends what rig you got. The card also has some pretty decent overclocking rates to. At the end of the day you can always upgrade when there are some actual games to play with dx10.

You want feedback on the X1950 XT fro HIS, To start im jealous as its the exact card i want.

I cant beleive the amount of people who mention 8800GTS , Did he not say i want a X**** card ?, and then comment on the x1950XT not the 1900GT.

Anyway from the FPS ive looked at its sweet. Hows it handling games as im curious to know.

Thanks

That must be a sweet card. So which is faster? the x1900XT with 512mb, or the x1950XT with 256mb? It seems odd to me that the later one has 256mb. Maybe technology improved to make it just as fast/faster at a nice price.

The X1950XT has faster clock and memory speeds (if you get the HIS turbo, normal has same clock speed but ~300MHz faster memory clock) The HIS turbo also has a better heatsink and fan.

I have purchased the HIS X1950XT turbo for my new build (soon!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom