This sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Geez, this sucks.

My wife decided to let me combine my birthday with Father's Day to get one big gift. So I decided on a 19" LCD (Balance... cheap, but it works great). So, what sucks?

I pumped my resolution up to 1280 x 1024 and everything looks great... except for TF. It is the same size. I thought it would at least stretch out and give me a bigger view, longer text lines, and such. But, no, it didn't.

So I've got these two huge blank areas on either side of my screen.

Like I said, this sucks.

Damn! I wish my other half would give my a 19" LCD

(Oh yeah, I broke up with her about 18 months ago)

Fixed tables, if it did expand the GIF backgrounds of certain areas would repeat and it would look bad. It would be nice for it to be wider, though!

Maybe this forum was designed for people who's monitors can't go higher than 800x600. :p Believe it or not, only 2 years ago, I was on a monitor that would not go any higher than 640x480!!! I am so glad those days are over.

I went from a resolution of 1024 x 768 to 1280 x 1024, but TF did not change. It still has the same column width at my new resolution that it did at my old one. So now I have about a 3.5" strip on both sides of my monitor that is nothing but blank space when I am on TF. What a waste.

Don't get me wrong, now. I still love TF. I had just hoped that my new monitor would give TF a whole new look, ya know?

Harper,

We picked it up at WalMart (my God, did I say that?). From what I can find, it is a WalMart only brand, but not their iLo brand.

Got it for a shade under $300 USD, which ain't bad in my book. And no dead pixels!

What's wal-mart? I thought they only sold wallpaper there......

before anyone says anything that doesn't know it was something paris hilton said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom