Thinking of going back to WOW....Should I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcdisa

Solid State Member
I seem to have a short attention span when it comes to games, especially MMOs. I started playing WOW when it first came out and got to Level 42 as a druid and then quit due to lack of interest. I then went back about a year and half ago to play with some friends. I started a new character and got to level 30ish but then seemed to loose interest again and let my subscription lapse. I am now thinking of going back and really making a push to get to a Level 70 character. I really just have the desire to play some MMOs sometimes but wish I wouldn't get bored so easily. I also want something to play until Diablo III, Star Trek Online, and KOTOR Online comes out. Maybe its because I don't have many people to play with or the hours that I play? Which is generally 11pm-2am time frame. Sorry for the ramblings :)

I am the same as you. I've "come back" to WoW twice and both times got bored in about 2 weeks. I'd say no and just find a new regular RPG to play rather than MMO.

Any RPGs out there that someone can recommend? I'm limited to only a 8400gs graphics card in my laptop so nothing very high end. I have played a little Oblivion and Ghostbusters recently. I enjoy Ghostbusters but doesn't run all that great I my setup...

Well that does change things since it is hard to find less demanding games which are also as entertaining as WoW can be. Perhaps The Witcher?

I've seen info about the witcher.....I could give it a shot and see how I like it. I really miss the days of playing Star Wars Galaxies. That was a game that pretty much kept my interest. Then 2005 and the CU came and it all went away :(

You could give Cabal a shot see what you think about it...

There's also Rohan Online ( I didn't care for it) and Silkroad Online

I really can't wait for some new MMOs....I think Star Ware Old Republic Online is going to be the real WOW killer....

I seem to have a short attention span when it comes to games, especially MMOs. I started playing WOW when it first came out and got to Level 42 as a druid and then quit due to lack of interest. I then went back about a year and half ago to play with some friends. I started a new character and got to level 30ish but then seemed to loose interest again and let my subscription lapse. I am now thinking of going back and really making a push to get to a Level 70 character. I really just have the desire to play some MMOs sometimes but wish I wouldn't get bored so easily. I also want something to play until Diablo III, Star Trek Online, and KOTOR Online comes out. Maybe its because I don't have many people to play with or the hours that I play? Which is generally 11pm-2am time frame. Sorry for the ramblings :)

The level cap is 80 now, and if you got bored leveling to 40, making it to 80 will be **** for you.

Re: Nnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooo................. ..............................!

Thinking of going back to WOW....Should I?

NNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooo.....(pant pant deep breath in) ...oooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...................

I was playing WoW when it first came out. I took a break from the game as a IRL friend of mine convinced me to reactivate my SWG account. After that, I have a breif stint with CoV. Then found my SWG Guild started up on WoW. About a good 9 months of solid play later, we had a major guild break up.

I have my IRL friends convince me to take on WoW again when The Burning Crusade came out. 1 new character an month later, I found myself cancelling. Problem was that they were mostly playing thier level 60 - 70 missions where i was stuck rerolling.

And then about 6 months later, I tried re-activating my account only to find out that this magic and enjoyment that i had with this game was no longer there. So i have canned by account again and never looked back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom