Think MSN Live is down

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
I couldn't find any information online, but since last night, my MSN Live account wasn't authenticating... Anyone know?

Still says "Authentication failed" I am on my netbook running Ubuntu, but my Windows system does it as well. I haven't changed a thing...

Could this have something to do with my account routed to my gmail email?

Edit: OK, weirdest thing alive... I went into hotmail, see whatsup. They blocked my account because of spamming, or somone else logged in. was a bunch of crap logic in my opinion. Had to send a verification code as a text to my cell. So anyone can put their number in and steal my stuff? This never happened to me. WTH?!

I know it isnt cause of using GMail. Cause i have an account linked through GMail. Your account must have been reported for sending Spam. Someone must have brute forced your password or gotten it another way. You should only use aMSN in Ubuntu.

I only use aMSN on Ubuntu, as Trillian doesn't have a Linux bridge yet.

Now Trillian is not connecting. I created a new Live account, and put the new one into there, works fine...

Maybe i can port everything to the new acct.

There is no port feature. Have you changed your password?

Yes, I had to after I unlocked my account. I was unsure if there was a way to port that.

Funny thing, it worked fine in Digsby and MSN Live 2011.

It has to be something specific to your account. You have to do something to re-verify or get it approved for use with other Live Services. Since it was disabled for "Spam" you might have to contact the Live Support Center to get them to allow it to be used. They could have disabled the Live Services but allowed you to get mail still. Being reported for Spam on Live is a very serious thing. They will disable features but allow you to get mail.

Plus dont forget, we just got back from a weekend. They dont work 24/7 out there in Redmond. They need days off too. Sending them a request so that you can use it again might get some better results on a Monday than it would on a Saturday or Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom