these should work right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really into AMD/ATI stuff but it looks compatible.

That mobo has built-in video that you don't need (mobo's with built-in video usually don't oc well, thou it does have good newegg reviews). It does have (2) pci-e slots so you have the possibility for cross-fire down the road. With that in mind I would buy a slightly bigger power supply, maybe a 650watt. And Arctic Silver was the King a few years ago but there are better pastes out there now.
This is a good paste
Newegg.com - Tuniq TX-2 Cooling Thermal Compound - Thermal Compound / Grease
Thou I like to use this
Innovation Cooling Diamond "7 Carat" Thermal Compound - 1.5 Grams - FrozenCPU.com

Are you going to buy an aftermart heatsink for your cpu?

yes thats also why i chose this mobo. it gives me room for expandibility if i ever plan to go xfire and it seems to accomidate a good range of cpus that i could upgrade to in the future which i do plan to, but this is just good for now.

as far as xfire goes, i plan to upgrade the psu the same time i do xfire so ill make sure to pick something better when the time comes.

also, i kept looking for that tuniq paste but i just couldn't seem to find it:happy: thanks for link

and no i dont think ill buy another hs. i read that you only really need to get an aftermarket one if you plan on ocing but that the stock one with fan should suffice for stock speeds. thankx for your time.

If you're just going stock you don't really need the thermal paste then.. Though I suppose if you really want you could use it.

For an extra 37 bucks I got you a much better build.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100254L Radeon HD 4650 1GB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Newegg.com - BFG Tech GS-550 550W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V V2.8 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - RAIDMAX Tornado ATX-238WU Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - LG Black 22X (CAV) DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X (CAV) DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

Total comes to $607.31, minus about $2.40 for the promo discount on the DVD Burner, and then you get 30 bucks back in MIRs.

The x3 720 is a much faster processor, and the board that goes with it is pretty sweet as well. The kit of RAM I got you is DDR2 800, you don't need 1066. Won't notice a difference. Got you a 500gb HDD bundled with Vista.

Personally, I would go with this case instead: Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

It's the same cost as that Raidmax you want (since it has a $15 shipping fee), and it only forfeits the $10 MIR.

The motherboard will not fit on the case. Look at the back panel of the case and the motherboard. I suggest get a better case.

picard_facepalm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom