the Witcher - comments and questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomic tofu

Fully Optimized
hi ppl

I am playing the demo of this game and must say I like it.

Peeve:
Anybody else played it and wonder why the characters have "american" accents? Not all of course but some. It was localized for the US market but couldn't they have given them european accents? British, cockney, scottish, welsh, irish...even more "non english" accents like swedish, german, austrian, polish and even russian.

Castle and old country setting...a bit off with American accents :D

question
this being a demo. Anyone who has played the demo and the final game...can you tell me if the cut scenes are hires? If anyone else has played the demo...you notice how it switches into something like a filtered down low res sequence?

also, did they improve the loading sequences for indoor/outdoor transitions? I often wonder if they need to do such a thing....run around outside, then go into a hut/hovel/shack and there's a loading sequence...go back outside and load again. It's a little shack! :p

just curious on that part...I think when I'm much more bored, have more free money or it gets a lot cheaper...I'll get this game.

minor comment...I don't think any game needs "mature" content...and from what i played in this game...completely superfluous. They must be targeting lonely players...but come on, some normal folk game too. :D

the latest patch makes the loading time to less than half.
not sure demo has been patched.
you need to update as soon as you get the game.
unless you like waiting 45 sec on every scene change...
it is a fun game but I actually haven't finished it yet..
and also US version is censored. (though, it is only a few scenes)

yeah...surprised there are so many versions and packages...I am probably going to try and get one of the european versions if/when I do get it :D

Yes the loading in this game is rather annoying. Especially during the chapters that are specifically in the city area and your constantly going in/out of places, I stared at the loading screen more then I played. There was just something about this game that I loved though, I really enjoyed it, and its a really long game (partially because of all the loading). I suggest you buy it, its a really amazing game.

i'm guessing you could equate it to...Diablo, only thing i could think of that would get around that you might be familiar with :D

pros are many

cons...as you can see, the loading issue, which actually isn't all that bad on my machine (timewise), but too frequent imo

the controls may take some getting used too...i find the wiki on it to sum it up rather well

The Witcher & - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

offline rpg...don't pirate ;) I wonder if I could buy a european version from a canadian source and have it shipped down

you can get uncensored version at GoGamer.com
just choose international version.
but tbh, you won't be missing much....
unless you really wanna see naked elf and some illustrated nipples...

this game is about the story lines and more of a real RPG than action RPG you see out there.
so it's combat < story.
pretty long game and lots of exploring, talking, gathering information to understand what's happening and what to do.
This isn't the typical hero vs. evil either.
great music to soak you in the game, also.
so ppl who likes old school RPG and combat isn't the main concern, I'd recommend this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom