The Shadowville Horror

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Threepwood

Daemon Poster
Seeing as this is one of the two forums that I frequent (The other being the Adventure Game Studio forum) I thought I'd post about a game I'm making.

It will be an adventure game (With a monkey island type interface), the theme will be vampires and other horror stuff.

I have a good chunk of the game now and have been holding off posting it because it's lame when someone posts about making a game when they have nothing to show for it.

Check it out if you want on my website, the link to the article on it is http://www.thescurvyshack.com/TSH Article.html.

The game will come out when it's ready, which may be a while since university starts up soon.

There is a lot more stuff to the game than is shown in the four pictures on the site, I just didn't want to give away some of the neat stuff I'm throwing in the game.

Right now the biggest problem is figuring out how to get the story from mid game to the end, and thinking up more interesting puzzles to put in.

If anyone has played adventure games here then feel free to post on puzzle types that you like and I may try to add something like that to my game(no mazes though, they just add artificial length to the game).

Tell me what you think.

Hey not bad its looking good well done keep us posted on its developments although Iv added the site to my favorites anyway :). What are you using to make the game something like gamemaker? Or c++ or even darkbasic?

AGS is very good for making adventure games, I don't know why you'd say the engine is limiting.

Maybe it's limiting in terms of resolution, but that's ok because most adventure games are done in 320x240 since it gives it that nice classical feel. Plus high resolution art takes a lot more work to do since it's harder to get things to look right.

The programming in AGS is pretty nice, and a cool challenge about it is that if you do find something that you "can't" do you have to find a workaround for it. One of these I recently ran into was the lack of 2d arrays, but I used various mathematical methods to get around it which is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom