*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

SuperPi runs alot faster in XP compared to Vista and Win7 runs it a little faster than XP. Or at least it does for me :D

hmmm, might try swapping back to win7 then, see if it helps while I'm shaving the extra 48mS off my time needed to score second place :)

I started using Win7 for my benching mainly because my Vista install is crapped up with stuff and I didn't feel like modifying the startup ****.

@hikari, I've got a P6T, 6Gb G.skill 9-9-9-24, a Noctua nh-u12p se1366, and a crappy 550w psu. I'm wondering if my gtx 285 and the overclocked i7 are killing it.
@vern lol, I don't care! I'm still special, mummy said so.
@comatose, are you finding the mobo is struggling a bit, especially with the higher qpi?

Yeah the higher QPI's it doesn't like so much, Are you on a basic P6T? not v2 or Deluxe?

yeah, just the standard. Don't get me wrong for the price it's awesome, but I'm just struggling to get past 4.6Ghz with it. What model are you running?

The VTT or QPI heats up the vreg/mosfets so cooling them is the task at hand. If you can rig up a fan to blow on the heatsink or run a waterloop you'll jump up a notch or 2 with a little more voltage.

Edit: Your DRAM speed also affects your vreg temp, if you relax the speed and timings a little you should be able to boost your oc a little more. I don't run SuperPi with fast timings, they do little. SuperPi Luvs GHz's :D

So I know what/where the mosfets are, and I've already got another fan going over them (well, most of them), but vreg? mind going a bit further with that one?

edit: just googled it :), oooh. rite. yeah, I'll do that then I guess.

vreg. Voltage Regulator. That's what your mosfets are. My mobo reports my vreg temp, HWMonitor shows it also.

I've got a little something, something going on with mine :D

hwmonitor.jpg

cheers dude! I have no idea what the temps on mine were, won't be too surprised if they turn out to be pretty hot. Any idea on the max temps on those? Or temps I don't really want to go over?

\/ kwl, 60's to 70's it is. woot, tgif! I'll have tons of time to tweak things :) Thermalright vs Noctua...this could be interesting...

70's is Hot. My board will cut-off if they get in the 80's. If you can keep the vreg in the 60's or lower you'll be good to go :D

Back
Top Bottom