The Food & Drink Thread

In the UK, the Supermarkets are constantly at War and the quality of the food you can buy from various Supermarkets can differ greatly.

I've just put a Chicken Korma in the Slow Cooker with two extra large Chicken breasts. Left the lid of so the Korma sauce will thicken with the evaporated water. Added some pepper and also chopped up some smaller best fillets so hopefully it will turn out OKay ..

The other night I ordered a Pizza & Donner Wrap from a good Takeaway in my local area. No pics unfortunately as it was two too three nights ago but this little place were I go is very popular and a lot of people use it. Rated 5 star in health and safety and 5 star in food hygiene.

Last night I ordered a House Special Mixed Donner Kebab and I was surprised from a place in town along with a double cheese burger and Chicken Nuggets.

Their food is cooked quite healthy and is popular in the north. Difference like the oil and as a lot of situations go. If you spend a bit extra you get a lot.

:D

Just ordered a 12 Inch Meat feast from a local takeaway.

The other night when I had the same pizza it was unreal. The size of it. I got half way threw and felt full. So yep I'm back again. :D ..

MATE I am so excited, we're going here for work lunch next friday

Side Door BBQ | Perth WA

Can't wait to see how close they get to the real thing :D

Whoops forgot to update. It was once again, mediocre :/ gdi. The servers even had american accents and everything, but **** me if I don't already do better bbq than them as an amateur -_- seems like I'll need to fly to texas to get the real thing.

Today's lunch was pretty on point though, had a Wagyu Big Cheese from my favourite burger joint. DAMN do they grill a good patty. Not my pic (obvs) but was bang on the same presentation.
Ribs-Burgers-The-Wagyu-Big-Cheese-.jpg

Whoops forgot to update. It was once again, mediocre :/ gdi. The servers even had american accents and everything, but **** me if I don't already do better bbq than them as an amateur -_- seems like I'll need to fly to texas to get the real thing.

Before you do, check out Jack's BBQ Wars videos. He did two of them, one through much of the South and the second was Texas only. He definitely found that not all BBQ is created equal. I will post the first of each below. I hope he will do some more in the future but he recently suffered a stroke so I don't know if he will be able. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUfmk5N4i0o&list=PL010FDC9C78A9C7EE&index=27&t=0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSIbr-rJ13s&list=PL010FDC9C78A9C7EE&index=11&t=0s

Had a Burger & Kebab Meat from the local take away earlier on tonight. Getting a bit sick of eating takeaways so going back to home cooked food such as chicken and pork in the slow cooker.

No pics but next time I create a master piece I'll post some pics. :p

Eating takeaways is nice but often they are just a convenience food and I much prefer home cooked Pork Belly in the slow cooker of a joint of pork it self.

Next time I make a nice big joint or do something from scratch I'll post pics. I keep forgetting to post because taking pictures of my food is not something I have ever really done. Not something I think about TBH.

Gyes, what can you do with:

Plain Flour
Self Raising Flour
Milk
Salt
Water
Butter
Sugar
Spices

What can I do with those ingredients.

I've also got a chicken in the freezer what needs taken out and defrosted.

Can I make a Chicken Pie.

How do I make a Cake, or a pastry, or bread.

Does anyone know.

I have watched countless youtube videos and looked at google more times than I would want to pick my phone up in a day.

I Googled Plain Flour and in USA its called all purpose flour.

Google and youtube is confusing the hell out of me as their is so much information I don't know were to start.

Any ideas Guys .. :D

Make pancakes if you have eggs too, it's as easy as 1 2 3!
1 cup plain flour
2 cups milk
3 eggs

Mix together. Pour into pan on medium heat in small dollops, flip ~2 mins later when bottom is golden

Mix in some vanilla essence if you're feeling fancy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom